Lauren Bollard commenced providing services as a Registered Psychologist for Talking Matters in January 2016. She works part-time providing either early morning sessions or afternoon sessions, enabling her to offer sessions both before and after school for families who have difficulties attending during school hours. Lauren supports children with anxiety, behaviour or social-emotional needs and assists key people in each child’s life to support the child.
Lauren works closely with our clinical team to provide an integrated approach to your child’s care and achieving their goals. Psychologists work to assist children with learning, relationships and behaviour and can help families and children in a variety of ways to develop skills, function better, and provide support in the following areas:
- Dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, anger management or difficult behaviour.
- Social issues, such as friendship problems, bullying and relationship difficulties.
- Relaxation techniques.
- Thinking skills - critical thinking, problem solving and creative solutions.
- Study skills - techniques and strategies to improve learning and study effectiveness.
- Learning difficulties - dyslexia and other learning problems.
- Intellectual issues - assessment of giftedness or intellectual disability.
- Supporting parents in developing their parenting skills.
* Please note that Medicare and Private Health Insurance rebates do not currently apply for psycho-educational assessments as these assessments do not meet the medical requirements for the rebates to apply.
Make an appointment
Making an appointment to get started is easy. Contact us by phoning (08) 8255 7137 or send us an email enquiry to arrange an appointment. There is also more useful information for families looking for psychological services in the Talking Matters Blog.
- More details