COVID Update - effective 30th June 2021
In line with reverting back to stricter COVID measures as announced by the State Government 30/6/21, masks are now required to be worn while attending all Talking Matters sites. QR code checkins and "show us your tick" will continue to be routine, and we also continue to have Telepractice options available if this is suitable for your circumstances.
We have also instituted one way traffic flows throughout the practice as much as possible, so when you attend the Elizabeth Downs office, you will now be entering through the door to the right hand side (under the verandah) and exiting through the main front door.
Please minimise bringing additional people to the office where possible, one adult per client is ideal. We will also be initiating a "call from the carpark" for our school holiday services to advise you are in attendance, our office number is 08 8255 7137.
Please keep safe everyone and keep up to date with the changing requirements. Talking Matters will be posting updates on our website, Facebook and Instagram to help get the information out to all our families.
In line with COVID-19 Talking Matters and the Torrens Health Group are committed to supporting you with therapy services through safe and flexible manners.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all well and thank you for working with us through these times. If you do have any concerns, you can either email email@example.com or call (08) 8255 7137 and we will be more than happy to answer queries as we can.
To find out the most update to date and reliable information about COVID-19, please visit the following pages.
You can also keep up to date with all NDIS releases here.
Understanding your therapy options during COVID-19
At the Talking Matters office, we have put in place the following steps to support the health and safety of our families and staff:
- All toys / books removed from the waiting area
- All surfaces (chairs, counters, doors, step ladder, bathroom) are disinfected regularly
- All soft toys removed from therapy use
- All sessions are concluding approximately 5minutes early so that every piece of equipment used, chairs, doors, door frames, tables can all be disinfected
- Encouraging all families to wash / disinfect hands on arrival and departure
- Where possible, some staff are starting to complete work from home
Where schools are allowing services providers to come, we will continue to support sessions as usual. However, when external providers have been excluded from a school we can discuss options to continue to receive support until sessions are again available.
In the event that you are not able to, or do not wish to attend the Talking Matters office we have put together options for you to continue accessing your services.
Digital Learning at Home through Telepractice
What is telepractice?
- Telepractice is when therapy services are delivered through an internet based platform
Why is this a good option for my family and child?
- Keep your appointment time
- Stay home and keep safe
- Easy and simple to connect
- New fun and engaging learning opportunity
- Options for direct therapy with your child
- Options for family training and support with therapy practice ideas to follow through at home
- Therapy being provided in your families natural environment
What do I need to be able to participate in this option?
- Access to internet
- Access to a computer / device with a camera and speaker
- For an adult to be with the child at home during the telepractice session
What is a home program?
- This is a guide for you to follow at home working on your child’s current therapy goals.
- Why is this a good option for my family and child
- Stay home and keep safe.
- Simple therapy ideas and activities for you to use at home to keep up your practice.
- This can be used in conjunction with regular telepractice sessions. We recommend having at least one telepractice session to discuss your child’s home program.
How do I get my home program
- This will be emailed to you, you may choose to print or use on your computer / device
- You may also request for this to be printed for you
Where suitable and appropriate, your clinician may be able to support with visits outside of the Talking Matters office or school setting. This could include home visits, park visits etc.
If you do have any concerns, or would like to change the way you are accessing your services during COVID-19 you can either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 8255 7137.